Project Description (Problem/Solution/Results)
This Lafayette bathroom was dark, dated and awkwardly laid out. The finishes were bland and the overall look was very 1990s. And, because of a lack of smart storage, the countertop had become a magnet for clutter.
With the plumbing staying in place, this was a “pull and replace” remodel that resulted in a warm, new rich look that the homeowner wanted, with the added benefit of much-needed storage space.
The bathroom cabinets were builder-grade, with tile that lined the shower and the “hard to clean” vanity countertop—complete with an unused sitting area for hair and makeup. In the shower, was a large seat that took up too much room.
Riverside Construction was able to make the most of the space with a slight reconfiguration to the shower, allowing more space for the new drop-in Whirlpool tub. The shower wall and tub surround and deck were laid with 6×6 Ivory Tumbled Travertine tile and 2×2 square tile on the shower floor. A custom cabinetry wall gives the bathroom a strong focal point, while the clear glass shower door makes the room look bigger allowing most of the light streaming in through the window.
The original closet was the size of a small bedroom, lined with carpet and built with basic wire shelves. In order to accommodate much-needed drawer space, the owner had to add an old dresser to the closet.
Riverside Construction improvements included warm, rich Tennessee Bourbon-engineered hardwood, and a brand new closet system, complete with shaker style doors and plenty of drawer space.
- Cabinets: Wellborn Select Style, Door style: Prairie Full Overlay, Wood: Cherry, Stain Color: Dark (includes panel on front of tub)
- Granite: Santa Cecilia
- Floor Tile: American Olean, Style: Bordeaux, Color: Marron 12×12
- Shower Wall Tile and Tub Surround and Deck: Ivory Tumbled Travertine 6×6 square lay
- Shower Floor: Ivory Tumbled Travertine 2×2 square lay
- Wall Tile Deco Band: Daltile, Style: Heathland Universal Accent 2×10 HL09
- Vanity Light: Kichler Brushed Nickel 45733 Serena 3 Light Bathroom Vanity Light
- Plumbing Fixtures and Bathroom Accessories (towel bars, etc.): All were from Delta in their Dryden Collection in the Brilliance Stainless finish
- Drop-in Tub: MTI P-95-DI-LPR Acrylic whirlpool tub with slim edge profile
- Flooring: Shenandoah Scraped Tennessee Bourbon Engineered Hardwood
- Closet System: Shaker Style Door, Laminate material, in Tafisa “Tawny Port”