Project Description (Problem/Solution/Results)
The clients for this West Lafayette home wanted an entirely new floor plan, including the kitchen, dining room, and family room. The kitchen was dark and cramped with little room to gather with family and friends. The goal was to create an efficient and cozy space that still felt open and connected to the rest of the home.
To arrive at the open, inviting space with a modern edge, Riverside Construction removed a wall that separated the kitchen from the dining room and relocating the kitchen to the old “toy” room. The new L-shaped layout with a large curved island was comfortably designed to seat four with plenty of counter space.
Showplace EVO cabinetry in white (and a Pendelton door style) was used to increase usable storage space, including a pull-out pantry with roll-out trays for easy access. The white cabinetry and Lennon granite countertop provide the ideal backdrop for the 3” x 12” Daltile Modern Hearth Chimney Corner brick lay tile backsplash.
A chic Kichler pendant was designed over the island for function and elegance. Reclaimed Oak Luxury Vinyl Plank Flooring was used throughout for aesthetics and easy maintenance.
- Cabinets: Showplace EVO Pendelton Door Style with Slab Drawer Fronts. Painted are Extra White, Stained island is Maple with the Thunder Stain.
- Granite: Lennon Granite by Momax Mable and Granite
- Pendant over island: Kichler 43983BK Taubert Black 3 Light 15 inch Wide Pendant
- Faucet: Delta 19802Z-SP-DST Lenta SpotShield Stainless Single-Handle Pull-Down Kitchen Faucet with ShieldSpray
- Backsplash: Daltile Modern Hearth Chimney Corner 3×12 brick lay with Mapei Warm Gray Grout
- Flooring: MSI Wilmont Reclaimed Oak Glue down Vinyl Flooring