Project Description (Problem/Solution/Results)
When it comes to basement remodels, there is no shortage of modern basement ideas to borrow from. This West Lafayette family was ready to reclaim their empty, unfinished basement and gain valuable living space for their family. Rather than letting this precious square footage go to waste, they opted to transform their basement into a welcoming area for friends and family to enjoy. With plenty of options to choose from, this family can now set up a game room, a play area for their kids, or even a theater room. Regardless of how they end up using this space, they are most certainly going to increase the value of their home.
Balancing aesthetics and functionality, this basement remodel was painted a soft gray with white trim. The floors were laid with neutral Mohawk Key Trend mineral deposit carpet, and the typical “wasted” space under the stairwell was turned into a useful closet for much-needed storage. Riverside Construction also added a full bathroom to this basement, which not only likely increased the home’s value, but also made it a truly livable space.
- Floor: Mohawk Key Trend Mineral Deposit Carpet
- Paint Color: SW7016 Mindful Gray
- Lighting: WAC Lighting FM-306-930-WT White Disc 3000K LED Flush Mount Light
- Tile: Daltile 12X24 Gray Tile from the Skybridge Collection
- Sink: Round White Oval undermount Porcelain Sink
- Faucet: Moen 6400 Eva Sink Faucet in Brushed Nickel
- Counters: New Caledonia Granite
- Cabinets: Wellborn Select Series Hancock Style Full Overlay in MDF with Glacier Paint
- Hardware: Amerock Stainless Steel Cabinet Knob and Amerock 3in Stainless Steel Cabinet Pull
- Vanity Light: Kichler Hendrick 3 Lights in Brushed Nickel
- Toilet: Kohler Cimarron 2pc Round Comfort Height
- Shower Stall: Delta Classic 400 34in x 48in x 74in White 3-Piece Shower Surround