https://www.riversideconstruction.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/Fall.jpg 640 960 Riverside Construction https://www.riversideconstruction.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/02/Riverside-Logo-2020-300x300-1.png Riverside Construction2011-10-31 18:55:122016-09-09 01:44:36Fall Maintenance Tips
It’s that time of year again! Here are some helpful tips for preparing your home for winter.
1. Clean out your gutters and inspect your roof: Consider installing gutter covers for easier maintenance in the future.
2. Inspect your fireplace: Call a Chimney Sweep for cleaning.
3. Check your doors and windows for drafts: Add extra caulking or storm doors and windows to help prevent drafts.
4. Prepare to store outdoor furniture: Power wash and store your cushions and furniture for a clean start in spring.
5. Winterize your sprinkler system: Make sure your sprinkler system is drained and serviced.
6. Check your furnace: Inspect both your furnace and air conditioner and change the furnace filters.
7. Test your back-up generator: Check that your back-up systems are working and that you have enough gas.
8. Review your home Fire Safety Plan: Check the batteries in the smoke detectors and review your evacuation plan.
9. Prepare your snow removal items: Make sure your snow and ice removal tools are ready and that your snow blower is running properly.