Every year Professional Remodeler magazine creates a list of top design trends for the year. Their list is based on the results of surveys done of designers who help homeowners remodel both kitchens and baths. Here are 10 of the design trends that we most commonly see from their list.
1. Kitchens are more frequently being used as social space. This is increasing the amount of furniture type cabinetry chosen for kitchens.
2. The Transitional style, a blend of both traditional and contemporary styles, is growing in popularity in both kitchens and baths.
3. The most common design trends favor color palettes of grays, beiges and whites.
4. Creative uses of ceramic, porcelain, glass and metal are being used in tiled areas of homes.
5. Freestanding tubs and showers with increased function are high on home owners’ priority lists.
6. White cabinets, blended finishes and changing depths and heights of cabinets are being used more frequently in kitchens.
7. Under-mount sinks and touch-activated faucets are being used more frequently in both kitchens and bathrooms.
8. Granite is still the most popular counterop material, but quartz countertops are rapidly gaining popularity.
9. Home owners are useing LED lights in cabinets and in other places to add additional lighting and highlight certain areas.
10. The most popular metal finishes are satin nickel, bronze and oil rubbed finishes.
Click here to see the rest of the list or to read more about these ideas in the Professional Remodeler magazine.